Residence stewardship

Are you moving temporarily to a different city for the purpose of your studies or an internship? That is really nice, of course, but what then to do with your students’ residence? You could have someone else living there while you are away. We use two different terms for this. If you are living in a self-contained students’ residence, this is called residence stewardship. In case of non-self-contained housing, it is called subletting. You can request permission to residence stewardship through your DUWO account.

For Accommodate tenants different conditions are applicable.

What do I need to know if I want to grant temporary residence stewardship of my house to someone else?

  • You are a good tenant. For example, you may not be in rent arrears or have caused unnecessary nuisance in the past.
  • You have rented your room from DUWO for at least 6 months.
  • If you are requesting permission to grant residence stewardship of your house via My DUWO, you are agreeing to the termination of your rent. This termination can be revoked up to one month before the end of the residence stewardship by informing us via a contact form yourself. Then you can live in your house again once the residence stewardship has ended.
  • You can apply for a residence stewardship via at least one month before the date the period of residence stewardship starts. If you want to apply for residence stewardship less than one month in advance, please still fill out the request for a residence stewardship online via and then fill in a contact form with the correct dates of departure and return. We will see what we can do for you.

  • Do you have a campus contract? In that case, you must continue studying during the entire period of residence stewardship.
  • The residence steward must be a full-time student and study or do an internship in the neighbourhood of your room.
  • You can grant residence stewardship of your students’ residence to someone else for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months. It is not possible to extend the residence stewardship of your students’ residence.
  • Would you like to grant residence stewardship of your house to someone else again? You can only do so after 12 months following the expiry of the previous residence stewardship period.
  • The residence stewardship may begin when you receive a confirmation letter with approval from DUWO.

Rent allowance and residence stewardship

Please visit the website of the Dutch Tax Authorities ( Belastingdienst) for information about rent allowance and resident stewardship.



Waarmee kunnen wij je helpen?

Begin hier met zoeken!

Geen resultaten gevonden